Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Ps 25
1 To you, O LORD , I lift up my soul;
2 in you I trust, O my God.
This Psalm is written for the purpose of creating our new image in petitioning God to change us as a practice in speaking as God speaks in creating all things. We are taught to speak to Him according to our desires as God has given them to us. We lift up our souls as a way to unite our own view of ourselves with Gods view of us. In this sense we are putting ourselves in Gods hands in order to be molded by speaking to God according to this expression of our deepest need that is united with Gods perfect activity to recreate us.
This is why when the Psalmist puts himself in Gods hands ,he becomes the object of blame by the world. Because all men are cursed with the attempt to be loved by God in attacking other men. We must understand at the core of every sin is a desire to respond to the condemnation of the law by doing something to relieve the guilt. In this way every man blindly attempts to redeem himself. This disposition of the wicked is what the Psalms call "noise".This noise that is sounding in the world start as complaining and grow to violence. The Psalmist is saying that he is no longer cursed with this desire to redeem himself.3" No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame", The Psalmist is saying that the elect are separated from the wicked by hearing the sound of the violence and not necessarily blaming the wicked who are in complete darkness, for attacking in a malicious way."3b,but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse." The shame is the natural response of the person who is under the condemnation of the law. We could say in this context that shame is the noise that is violent. 2b"Do not let me be put to shame,nor let my enemies triumph over me.
The Psalmist is walking down the path of righteousness as the view of uniting his desire with Gods.4" Show me your ways, O LORD ,teach me your paths;5 guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long." This path is the perfect walk of Christ in His incarnation.7b"according to your love remember me,
for you are good, O LORD". The oneness is remembering or recreating the elect according to Gods unfailing love. The Psalmist is uniting his desires with Christ desires as he walks in this world. The Psalm is a metaphor of walking down a path with receiving acceptance of God as if Christ walked this path. In order for the Psalmist to be successful , Christ must reorder his past,7" Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways;according to your love remember me,for you are good, O LORD "recreate his steps through word and Spirit,8 Good and upright is the LORD ;therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
"9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way". provide forgiveness of all his sins,10" All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant.11" For the sake of your name, O LORD ,forgive my iniquity, though it is great". The sin against the demands of the covenant are forgiven. and be the only Person on this earth that is open to the Psalmist to be confided in. The Lord must be the Person that is available to take the most severe problems and the worse troubles from our sins and overcome all the opposition.14 "The LORD confides in those who fear him;he makes his covenant known to them. "
But the path of the elect is the opposite to the path of the wicked. The wicked are under the obligation of the law. They are under the disposition of the curse. When the wicked work to overcome their struggles they get temporary relief. But the Lord turns this upside down for the righteous. He meets their needs first in order for them to be acceptable to His covenant.The Psalmist confides Himself in being accepted by Christ righteousness alone through petitioning and pronouncing Gods covenant. But then the Psalmist goes beyond the consolation of Gods word to a person to Person expression of his deep need. "16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,for I am lonely and afflicted.17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied;free me from my anguish.18 Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.
19 See how my enemies have increased
and how fiercely they hate me!
20 Guard my life and rescue me;
let me not be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.
The Psalmist is speaking to God according to the sorrows that he experiences and not trying to control his feelings. The Psalms expressions lead a man to uncover the need that is hidden in the deepest recesses of his soul. In other words it is not known until it becomes revealed in praying according to these words. He expresses this uncovering as being reduced to weeping. In other words there is something in us that must be brought up by word and Spirit that is the source of our sorrows. It is always revealed in weeping. In this sense we are taught that God deals with us beyond the normal functions of public religious expressions. The normal process by which God renews us is through uncovering the deep need and bringing it out through weeping. God meets are deepest need before He changes us according to His covenant.The integrity is Christ uncovering our need as we express it.
21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope is in you.

No comments: